Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Culprit can be exist at any form :)


As part of my new project I had a chance to work on a flash application. While testing out on various browsers for few days, all of a sudden the flash content did not load in Firefox.

I did check in other systems having similar OS and Browser versions. I also checked for

1. Flash player version.
2. Other versions of Firefox.
3. Different OS,Browsers (In some combination the flash content did work and for some the it did not load).

After few days while having a chat with Ajay, I came to know about a site to find existence of flash player and its version. Using that tool I checked in all the browsers and got the message "Flash is available" other than Firefox. So Started to explore more on it and decided that I should make the flash content load in Firefox.

1. In the site ,While installing flash player I was directed to step 4.
2. I navigated to step 4 and came across a sentence which read "If you have issues with Flash Player 11.3 on Mozilla Firefox, see Issues" (My Firefox version was 17.0).
3. I Clicked on the "See Issues" link and in that page saw the text "Rich media content doesn't appear if Real Player is installed"

Crap !..i just installed real player some days ago, and that was the reason why my flash content did not open up suddenly. 




Lesson learnt : The culprit can be at any form, finding it using right tools, and exploring more will make job easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment